- Any GP or Specialist letters
- Your current medications in their original packages (including vitamins, mixtures, creams, inhalers and drops)
- A list from your doctor of your current medications, their strength and dosages
- Medicare card, private health fund details and card, Department of Veteran Affairs card, pension/concession card, pharmaceutical entitlement card and Safety Net number
- Any Advanced Health Directives or Enduring Power of Attorneys (certified copy)
- Payment for hospital related charges
- Glasses, hearing aids and non-electric walking aids
- Sleepwear, dressing gown and closed in shoes/slippers with non-slip soles
- Personal toiletries
- Mobile phone charger (if applicable)
- Clothes for going home.
- Jewellery (a wedding ring and watch are permitted)
- Large amounts of cash
- Other valuables
- Electrical appliances including hair dryers and straightening irons or similar
- Unnecessary clothing and luggage
- You will be provided with a security locker for medication and small personal items.
Spendelove Private Hospital cannot accept responsibility for lost or damaged personal items or valuables. Please label your belongings clearly so they can be identified easily.
A patient information brochure including additional factsheets on applicable conditions or treatment protocol may be provided during admission.
These factsheets may include:
- Hand hygiene
- Healthcare associated infections
- Falls prevention
- Pressure injury management
- Patient controlled analgesia
- Discharge information.
We encourage all patients to familiarise themselves with this information to achieve favourable health outcomes. Whilst you are a patient please raise with the medical team, who will be more than happy to assist, any concerns or queries you might have about this information.